DIOCESE OF LAGOS
WOMEN’S AND GIRLS’ ORGANISATIONS
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE YEAR 2016 WOMEN’S CONFERENCE
HELD AT FAITH PLAZA BARIGA, LAGOS, FROM 14TH-17TH JULY 2016
The Conference commenced on Thursday, 14th July 2016 at 4:00pm with a Holy Communion Service celebrated by His Grace, The Most Rev. Dr. E. Adebola Ademowo OON, FNAL, the Lord Bishop of Lagos Diocese, Dean Emeritus of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion and Patron of the Women’s and Girls’ Organizations at the Bethany Chapel, Faith Plaza, Lagos. He was assisted by the Clergy from Eti-Osa Archdeaconry and other Archdeaconries in the Diocese.
The Conference was hosted by Eti-Osa Archdeaconry and in attendance were a total of 561 delegates from the Cathedral and the other 13 Archdeaconries.
Mrs. I. Oluranti Ademowo, the President Women’s and Girls’ Organisations, officially declared the Conference open on Friday, 15th July 2016 under the chairmanship of Engr. Dr. Olumide and Dr. (Mrs.) Olutoyin Philips. His Grace, The Most Rev Dr. E. Adebola Ademowo OON, FNAL and Dean Emeritus of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion was unavoidably absent. In attendance were the Provincial President, Mrs. Bassey Akinde, Bishops’ wives, Representatives from Sister Dioceses, Clergy, Clergy wives, Retired Clergy wives, Archbishop’s Nominees, Special Guests and delegates from all the Parishes.
The Conference theme – ‘My Totality in Christ’ Acts 17:28 was expounded on through Teachings, Sermons, Bible Studies, Group Discussions, Music, Drama Ministrations and Talks.
At the end of the Conference, the following resolutions were passed:
- That man has nothing to boast of because he was created empty but empowered by God to dominate over all that He created Acts 17:28
- That totality in Christ is surrendering all to God; giving Him absolute control over every situation. Romans 11:36
- That we must strive to have a personal relationship with God and daily walk within His Will and purpose for our lives. Matt 6:33
- That to achieve and sustain our totality in Christ, we must pray daily for divine assistance from the Holy Spirit, read, meditate and put into practice the Word of God.
- That complete dependence on Christ has unlimited rewards amongst which are salvation, healing, security, wealth, abundant grace and joy.
- That there is a need to rise up against domestic violence, kidnapping, rapes and murder in our society by entrenching good family values and training up our children in the way of the Lord.
- That the war against nakedness must be revived and sustained to project and reflect good Christian values.
- That we must create awareness of the dangers and side effects of skin bleaching to the health and total well-being of the individual.
- That parents/guardians should create time to bond with their children/wards, educating them about sex and the need to honour their bodies thereby ensuring that they do not fall victims of sexual abuse.
- That in the face of the dearth of white collars jobs, our youths should be more innovative and develop entrepreneurial skills to support government’s effort at job creation as well as make a better living for themselves.
- That President Muhammadu Buhari and his government were commended for his on-going fight against corruption and insurgency in the nation.
- That the Governor of Lagos State, His Excellency, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode and his Deputy, Dr. (Mrs.) Oluranti Adebule are commended for good governance and encouraged to keep up the good work. The governor was charged to curb the menace of hoodlums and check the excesses of the state’s law enforcement agencies.
- That as citizens, we must be law abiding, pray and support the transformation effort of the government for a better nation.
- Mrs. Tomi Ladejo – St Paul’s Church Breadfruit, Lagos
- Mrs. Elohor Eruenah – Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina
- Mrs. Nengi Wakama – Church of Transformation, Abijo
- Mrs. Ronke Oyebode – Church of The Living Souls, Oniru
- Mrs. Mayokun Coker – Anglican Church of Praise, Eputu
- Mrs. Adeola Idowu – Church of Transformation, Abijo